Everything we achieve is in partnership with others
A partnership approach is fundamental to the way we work, and the nature of our partnerships is as varied as the customers we work with:
- As a key supplier to the MOD, we collaborate on over 1000 defence contracts at any one time
- We’re the engine room behind NASA’s space programmes, providing test, integration, communications and telemetry services, and base operations support
- The European Space Agency (ESA) came to us to build Proba-2, one of its smallest ever satellites, and to develop our revolutionary T5 ion thrusters to power its GOCE Spacecraft
- Organisations like British Airways and leading banking institutions rely on our secure monitoring service to protect them against cyber attack
- Boeing is a regular customer of our low-speed wind tunnel, one of just three in the world, while our 1,500m test track at Pendine in Wales – the longest in Europe – recently tested small probes that will allow scientific measurements to be taken from the far side of the Moon for the first time
Projects like these require long-term commitment to customers’ aims and objectives, and a collaborative approach to solving problems. But above all, they require mutual trust. With some 95% of our UK and 75% of our US employees having national security clearance, our customers know they can trust us even with their secrets.