22 February 2013 - QinetiQ Australia will showcase the consultancy and engineering services it provides to Australian defence and government organisations at the Avalon 2013 Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition from 26 February to 3 March.
“QinetiQ Australia has a very close relationship with Defence that is founded on our independence, which is fundamentally important when we’re providing advice on complex acquisition and sustainment programs,” said Alan Woolford, Chief Executive Officer of QinetiQ Australia.
With 250 specialist staff located across Australia, QinetiQ Australia delivers independent value solutions to the Department of Defence in the aerospace, maritime, land and information domains through its two operating divisions – QinetiQ Consulting Services and QinetiQ Engineering Services.
“Avalon Airshow is the opportunity to showcase our consultancy and engineering successes to Defence decision-makers with a view to expanding the work we’re already doing for Defence as a trusted and independent partner,” said Mr Woolford.
Some of QinetiQ’s recent aerospace domain achievements include:
- Certification of cabin upgrades to the Australian Army CH-47D Chinook
- Support for the Australian Army Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter (ARH) Tiger
- Repair design for the Royal Malaysian Air Force Hawk light attack aircraft
- A life cycle analysis of the Royal Australia Air Force (RAAF) F/A-18A/B Classic Hornet
- Creating a gun mount for the Australian Army MRH90 Troop Lift Helicopter
- Developing software to balance the RAAF C-130J propellers.
Several of these aircraft are expected to participate in the flying displays at the Airshow, which QinetiQ Australia guests will be viewing from the company’s Exhibitor Business Unit that has been specifically designed for hosting business meetings with Defence decision-makers.
“We want Defence officials doing business with us to understand the work that has gone on behind the scenes in Defence and QinetiQ Australia to ensure the safety, airworthiness and structural integrity of the aircraft on display,” said Mr Woolford.
“QinetiQ Australia through our heritage companies has been a partner of the Directorate General Technical Airworthiness for 16 years, providing critical structural integrity engineering support for all Australian Defence aircraft.
“Our unique status as an Authorised Engineering Organisation for all military aircraft structures enables us to act as a design authority that is independent of the original design owner. It promotes objectivity and efficiency in Defence decision-making and it makes managing structural integrity efficient.”
Other QinetiQ Australia core capabilities are explosive ordnance, ranges, software, mechanical and electronic design and manufacture through workshops, capability assurance, acquisition and sustainment support, program and project management, concept definition and capability assurance.
“These capabilities coupled with our linkages to QinetiQ’s UK and North American businesses put us in a very competitive position in the Australian defence market,” Mr Woolford said.
“We are celebrating five years as QinetiQ Australia and the timing of Avalon Airshow could not be better as we seek to strengthen our existing capabilities and grow the business. Our people’s know-how in consultancy and engineering services will continue to be the reason our business is successful.”
For more information about QinetiQ Australia and where to find the company’s Exhibitor Business Unit at this year’s Avalon Airshow phone 1800 038 081, email QinetiQ@QinetiQ.com.au or visit www.QinetiQ.com.au.
- A FTSE250 company, QinetiQ uses its domain knowledge to provide technical support and know-how to customers in the global aerospace, defence and security markets. QinetiQ's unique position enables it to be a trusted partner to government organisations, predominantly in the UK and the US, including defence departments, intelligence services and security agencies.
- As part of the QinetiQ company, QinetiQ Australia has 250 specialist staff located across Australia who use their know-how to deliver trusted and independent value solutions to Australian defence and government organisations across air, land, sea and information domains as well as the civil manufacturing and mining industries.
- Follow us on twitter @QinetiQ
For further information, please contact
Jenny Waller, Marketing Manager, QinetiQ Australia on Tel: +61(7) 3031 204
Visit the website at www.QinetiQ.com.au
QinetiQ Press Office on Tel: +44 (0) 1252 39 3500