Bringing new technologies to market in the energy sector
As a technology powerhouse, QinetiQ is active in bringing new technologies to market that help solve the urgent global energy challenges of growing demand, supply resilience and sustainable energy sources.
We do this by transitioning technology from research and development through a gated engineering process that delivers new production systems that bring new enabling technologies to the energy market.
We work with some of the world’s biggest companies to help resolve and remove some of their current operational challenges, allowing the safe recovery of hydrocarbons from challenging environments, whilst using technology to accelerate the deployment of new sustainable technologies. We are active in providing and developing solutions for both the oil and gas and renewables sectors.
In the energy sector, we are harnessing technology to:
- Protect oil and gas pipelines more effectively and more cost-efficiently
- Enable the development of oil and gas fields in places where it is highly technically challenging
- Exploiting high temperature condition monitoring sensors to allow our customers to get real time data on the integrity of their asset infrastructure
- Help wind turbine manufactures and wind farm operators overcome the obstacles to developing new wind farm sites
- Provide commercial customers with a reliable energy-from-waste solution
- Integrate products and services in innovative ways and work with global brands to make change happen