When you are working with weapons, access to authoritative and trusted evidence is vital. We make sure our customers have all the knowledge they need with answers to questions such as:
- Does this weapon have the required lethality?
- What does the terminal flight phase of this projectile look like?
- Is this weapon safe to enter service?
- How insensitive are these munitions in storage?
- How long will this ammunition remain viable?
- What disruptive technologies might emerge to make my weapon systems obsolete?
We provide these answers through technical assurance based on evidence generated by experiments, trials, modelling and research. This includes complex, safety critical test and evaluation, and training support services provided at the ten sites we operate, seven of which are licensed to work with energetic materials.
Our sites are staffed by approximately 620 engineers, scientists, technicians and range workers. Those engaged in research are also frequently involved in providing technical assurance services using our test and evaluation ranges to conduct supporting trials. We believe this close integration is a major strength, stimulating a strong cross-fertilisation of disciplines, ideas and expertise.
Our customers include the UK MOD, major commercial defence suppliers in the UK and internationally, with whom we have long term partnering relationships.