Cyber security assessments and advice that keep information confidential, maintain its integrity, and make it available to use in business processes and operations.
Information is an essential asset within governments, the military and commercial organisations alike. Sensitive or critically important data can be lost in a number of ways – including system failure, data theft, inappropriate usage, unauthorised access and cyber attacks using computer viruses. Organisations have a moral and often legal obligation to ensure such events never occur.
The threat of security breaches is rising as connectivity increases and the amount of data that is online escalates ever higher. The number of people capable of effecting breaches is growing too, with the availability of tools that enable relatively unskilled hackers to attack organisations electronically.
QinetiQ’s security consulting services help customers achieve industry best practice in the confidentiality, integrity and availability of their information and online presence. They include:
- Security risk management – assessing threats, and recommending the most up-to-date and effective measures to manage security risk, involving both people and technology solutions
- Security architecture – developing an architecture that is tuned to the organisation’s specific protective and operational requirements and objectives
- Human performance
- Information assurance – delivering appropriate security strategy and policy based on industry best practice
- Security capability development – promoting security awareness and skills through training people
- Accreditation support – helping customers attain and maintain accreditation for their systems, and comply with relevant standards
- Security audit – auditing compliance with documented procedures and standards, and equipping the customer to achieve industry best practice
QinetiQ’s cyber security expertise can be traced back to the late 1970s, when our predecessor – the Royal Signals and Radar Establishment (RSRE) – was involved in a research programme that played a fundamental part in the development and initiation of the internet.
Today our team of expert consultants, combined with our ability to offer the latest technologies, capabilities and methodologies and our vendor independence, make us the first choice for many organisations that are serious about protecting their information and their online presence against cyber security threats.
Our technical and legal expertise includes ISO17799/27001, JSP440, HMG Infosec Standards, Data Protection Act, Civil Contingencies Act, Sarbanes-Oxley, Basel II and various industries' physical security standards.
Supporting G-Cloud services
QinetiQ delivers a range of cyber security solutions, services and advice to suppliers and customers of Government Cloud (G-Cloud) services, to facilitate the UK Government’s commitment to the adoption of cloud computing.