QinetiQ Space designs and develops small satellites that are packed with performance, enabling the same functions delivered by larger satellites to be performed more effectively with a smaller, cost-effective platform.
QinetiQ Space's expertise in the small satellite industry, with nearly four decades of experience in space programs, has resulted in a market leading product line designed to meet the growing demand for cost-effective small spacecraft with reliable and fast delivery.
Next to custom solutions, QinetiQ Space offers a line of platforms suited for a wide range of missions in governmental, IOD and commercial applications:
- The P200 platform is an evolution of the heritage PROBA platform with enhanced payload capabilities
- The P400 platform supports larger payloads and high precision pointing
All our satellites feature a very high level of autonomy, opening the door to low operating cost and very high system availability. Other key features are:
- Agility allowing multiple images of a specific theatre in the same pass
- Complex manoeuvring allowing stereo imaging, paving, target monitoring and tracking, TDI
- Outstanding stability and pointing accuracy
- High power efficiency
- Flexible operational concepts (payload modes, local time, orbits)