Our purpose and principles
The Expert Advisory Groups (EAGs) have been established to provide access to senior technical experts from across MOD and Industry to support coherent research planning; or address specific technical issues or challenges.
- Open sharing of information and discussion.
- Highly collaborative working.
- Informed and objective technology-based plans and advice – not company specific.
- Innovative thinking and peer review that challenges thinking and ideas: informing on the ‘art of the possible’.
- Each group comprised of a small core team to enable an effective team-working environment, with a wider associate membership.
- Each core member acts as a focal point for wider technical reach-back into their organisation.
- Each group to be chaired by a core member, self-elected by the EAG on a tenure agreed by the EAG.
The WSTC EAGs and the research areas they are interested in are:
- Concepts & Architectures
- Human Factors
- Test Evaluation & Acceptance
- In-Service Support
- Environment Impact
- Proximity Fuzing
- Safety and arming units
- Vulnerability and Lethality Modelling
Network, Precision & Control
- Guidance & Navigation
- Synthesis & Processing
Range, Persistence and Survivability
- Control & Actuation