QinetiQ’s system engineering experts support requirements definition, evaluation, testing and acceptance of Australian Defence Capability. Working methodically with our defence partners we ensure soldiers, sailors and aircrew receive the capability they need to perform their roles safely and effectively.
We understand the Australian Defence Force’s capability lifecycle across the maritime, land, air, strategic reform and security capability needs. We understand the crucial role of capability requirements definition within that lifecycle and we work methodically with our Defence partners to satisfy their system requirements and capability needs.
Our systems engineering services deliver systems that work, along with capabilities that can be proven to meet user needs. QinetiQ’s approach ensures that our clients can be confident of receiving the most cost-effective, impartial, innovative, and technically rigorous solutions possible. In addition, all activities comply with the quality assurance and international standards required.
Here are just a few of the areas in which our team delivers trusted solutions:
- Systems integration planning and requirements elicitation and definition
- The use of comprehensive and robust requirements management tools such as IBM Rational DOORS, to provide timely and accurate evidence of satisfactions of system requirements and capability needs
- Planning and management of system safety programs, hazard analysis and integration of safety risk mitigation into the design process, supported by qualified impartial Safety Advisors
- Architectural definition through functional and physical decomposition, and trade-off studies to determine the most cost-effective allocation of system requirements to architectural elements
- Interface definition and control, of both inter- and intra-system interfaces
- Delivery of incremental design risk reduction through informative closed-loop system reviews
- Planning, coordination and conduct of system build and integration, closely integrated with informal and formal testing, to ensure an ever-decreasing design risk profile
- Planning, coordination and conduct of progressive verification and validation programs, from low level sub-system testing all the way through to system level test and support to Operational Test & Evaluation
- Installation/Production support, including the development of safe systems of work, installation/production work instructions and quality assurance programs
- Configuration management throughout the system lifecycle, from the establishment of a Functional Baseline, to the delivery of the Product Baseline and associated Configuration Status Account records