OptaSense enters into major framework supply agreement
The framework agreement will see a major programme to install up to 200 OptaSense systems to protect oil & gas pipelines, refineries, airports and other critical national infrastructure sites. The contract follows the successful completion of previous work in the region to protect similar facilities.
OptaSense’s Managing Director, Magnus McEwen-King said: “The protection of critical national infrastructure, in particular oil & gas pipelines, is vital to assure revenue generation, especially in the Middle East. We are particularly pleased to be chosen to protect an entire regional asset base through a structured two year implementation programme. This framework agreement is an endorsement of OptaSense’s proven capability in delivering large scale projects reliably.”
“We know our customers rely on our systems to keep their assets safe and productive and often OptaSense is the first line of defence against theft & terrorism. As such, our customers not only rely on an excellent technical solution but also in having the depth of resources to deliver in field performance reliably over many thousands of kilometres of critical national infrastructure.”
Upon completion of this programme OptaSense will be protecting approximately 23,000km of assets globally in 50 countries.
For further information
- Katherine Fair, Fifth Ring – Katherine.firstname.lastname@example.org /+44 (0) 1224 628061
- QinetiQ Press Office – email@example.com / +44 (0) 1252 39 3500
Notes for Editors
- OptaSense is a platform technology which has applications in a number of markets, including infrastructure security where the technology is already in use to monitor 15,000kms of assets, principally providing leak detection and third party intrusion detection for oil and gas pipelines.
OptaSense is the World leader in Distributed Acoustic Sensing and operating in 50 countries globally with operations across multiple industries including Oil & Gas, Defence & Security, Transport and Utilities. It is managed as a subsidiary of the QinetiQ Group.
- Website: www.optasense.com
- A FTSE250 company, QinetiQ uses its world class knowledge, research and innovation to provide high-end technical expertise and advice, to customers in the global aerospace, defence and security markets. QinetiQ's unique position enables it to be a trusted partner to government organisations, predominantly in the UK and the US, including defence departments as well as other international customers in targeted sectors.
- Follow us on twitter @QinetiQ
- Visit our blog www.qinetiq.com/blog
QinetiQ US Hires Stephen Iwicki as Executive Vice President and General Manager of C5ISR Business
03 May 2022
QinetiQ Group plc Fourth Quarter Trading Update
20 Apr 2022
Paul Angelatos appointed as General Manager – Advisory Services
19 Apr 2022
QinetiQ wins Vampire Phase 1 contract to provide UAS experimentation expertise for the Royal Navy
11 Apr 2022
QinetiQ Awarded Department of Defense (DoD) Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC) Data Readiness Artificial Intelligence Development (DRAID) Basic Ordering Agreement
31 Mar 2022