QinetiQ completes appointments to senior leadership team
QinetiQ has completed its senior leadership team* with the appointment of Iain Farley to the Executive Committee as Managing Director International. Reporting to Steve Wadey, QinetiQ Group Chief Executive Officer, Iain will join the company on 1 August.
The appointment follows the arrival earlier this year of Andy Thorp, Group Director Business Development and Michelle Cummins, Group Director Human Resources. The new Executive Committee will support Steve Wadey as he looks to create the conditions to grow.
Iain will boost the international experience within QinetiQ, leading a new International business with responsibility for developing home markets outside the UK, creating new home markets and exporting.
Iain joins the company from Expro Group International, where he is Vice President for Business Development & Emerging Businesses. He has spent much of his career working and living around the world in the oil and gas industry for Schlumberger and Weatherford. He has experience of building businesses in new markets, commercialising new technologies and forming partnerships and joint ventures.
Andy Thorp joined QinetiQ as Group Director Business Development in March from MBDA Missile Solutions. He held a number of senior positions at MBDA and its predecessors, playing a leading role in the development of Team Complex Weapons partnering agreement which delivers world-class bespoke weapons to the UK’s Armed Forces.
Michelle Cummins joined QinetiQ as Group Director Human Resources from Shanks Group Plc, a leading international sustainable waste management business, where she worked closely with the Board and executive officers. She is an experienced Human Resources Director, having first held the role in the legal and regulatory division for The Thomson Corporation. She then spent time at BAE Systems and Inchcape plc, where she held a number of senior international HR Director positions based in the UK and Russia before being appointed Group Organisation Development Director.
Steve Wadey, Chief Executive Officer said, “Over the last year we have set out our vision and strategy for the company which will ensure we continue to provide our customers with the service they need. To achieve this ambition, I need a strong leadership team. I am confident we now have that team in place and can move forward together to grow QinetiQ.”
Notes for Editors
*The Executive Committee is the QinetiQ senior leadership team. It comprises:
- Steve Wadey, Group Chief Executive Officer
- David Mellors, Group Chief Financial Officer
- Miles Adcock, Managing Director Cyber, Information & Training
- John Anderson, Managing Director Air & Space
- Ian Beresford, Group Director Engineering & Operations
- David Bishop, Group Director Investor Relations and Communications
- Michelle Cummins, Group Director Human Resources
- Iain Farley, Managing Director International
- Sarah Kenny, Managing Director Maritime, Land & Weapons
- Jon Messent, Group General Counsel & Company Secretary
- Jamie Pollard, Chief Executive OptaSense
- Neville Salkeld, Group Director Strategy & Planning
- Andy Thorp, Group Director Business Development
- Vicky Weise, Chief of Staff
- Jeff Yorsz, President QinetiQ North America
- Listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: QQ.L), QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and aerospace markets. Our customers are predominantly government organisations including defence departments, as well as international customers in other targeted sectors.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and twitter @QinetiQ
- Visit our blog www.qinetiq.com/blog
For further information, please contact
QinetiQ Press Office on Tel: +44 (0) 1252 39 3500