Traditional Military Message Handling Systems (MMHS) are driven by complex and dated standards, which are often at odds with modern operational needs. They can be difficult and costly to implement, maintain and administrate.
In the modern era of ever-changing economic and geo-political landscapes, military units need to be able to deploy solutions faster and more reliably on common platforms. QinetiQ’s subsidiary Boldon James provides a simpler solution to a complex problem by building on Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) Microsoft platforms most commonly 2007, 2010, and 2013, extended by value-added plugins, allowing organisations to see results in short timescales and at lower costs, while still providing dependable secure information exchange and interoperability.
- COTS Products – Robust, scalable and easily-implemented components are able to fulfil the real operational needs of the organisation
- Modern Standards – SMTP/XML, which can easily keep in step with the rest of the IT infrastructure
- Modularity – provides only the components to each user that are required by each user. This has a direct and measurable impact on the cost and efficiency of the system.
- Interoperability – is included and achieved where it is required, at the border
- Document Storage – provides the ability to store and retrieve from SharePoint environments
For more information, visit the Boldon James website.