QinetiQ in Germany provides superior live Aerial Targeting Services to German Forces (Bundeswehr) and NATO forces, which includes ground units, naval vessels, military air operations and air defence systems.
Our fleet of Pilatus PC-9 and PC-12 aircraft, flown by our highly skilled, military-trained pilots, deliver a range of services including target towing, close air support, maritime air operations, ground control intercept training and air traffic control training. Our PC-9s offer customers up to two targets simultaneously with two aircraft in formation including one spare target and a distance of up to 3km from aircraft to target. With integrated sensors in the target and aircraft, we can provide instant results to our customers.
The team is also licensed to fly simulated attack manoeuvres and deliver Flying Test Bed key technology concept development and experimentation.
Services we deliver include:
- Target towing for live firings and shooting campaigns
- Forward air controller (Germany) and joint tactical air control (USAFE) training, with live video downlink (MX10) and Navigation Based System for Aerial Targeting (NASAT)
- Asymmetric warfare support and renegade aircraft simulation for air and naval force training
- Ground controller intercepts and radar controller training
- Naval simulated attacks for air defence training and force protection
- Red Air attacks for live fire training
- Survival, evasion, resistance and escape (SERE) training
- Air Traffic Control training
- Maritime patrol aircraft SITREP missions (in preparation with PILATUS PC12).
- Tactical air-to-air, air-to-ground and maritime air operations
- Combat simulations and forward air controller training to include full motion video downlink
- Asymmetric warfare support and renegade aircraft simulation for air and naval force training.