- It is dangerous to pass any line of Red Warning Boards, Red Flags and when the RED BEACONS are lit.
- Please refer to the Public Access Section for information on when and how you can have access to Range Areas.
Range Trials – Information for the Crofting Community
In addition to the information contained in the Public Access section of this website, the following will be of use to the Crofting Communities of West Gerinish and Iochdar:
- Before a Trial commences, the Range will be fully flagged and the barriers closed a minimum of thirty minutes before the commencement of activities. The Red flashing lights at North Vedette and Building 58 (Met Station) at the entrance to Rangehead are also switched on.
- Although the barriers are closed and the flags are up, access may be granted by approaching the Range Safety Staff at Gate 5, North or South Vedettes. It may be possible to gain prior knowledge as to whether access may be granted by phoning the Range Controller on Freephone 0800 0561630 or 01870 604449.
- As soon as the Trial is complete, the Range will switch off the Red flashing lights at North Vedette and Building 58 (Met Station) at the entrance to Rangehead and the Red flags will be lowered as soon as possible.
- On occasions when early morning or late evening and night trials take place, firings will not take place between the hours of 2330hrs and 0600hrs.