QinetiQ completes strategic investment into Inzpire Group Limited
QinetiQ's strategic investment into Inzpire Group Limited is now complete and is set to deliver a revolution in warfighting capability and operational readiness. This investment complements QinetiQ’s global capabilities, and offers significant capability to Australia’s Defence Force.
QinetiQ Group plc (QinetiQ) recently announced that it has completed a strategic investment into Inzpire Group Limited (Inzpire), acquiring 85% of Inzpire shares with the remaining 15% to be acquired after two years. This investment complements QinetiQ’s global capabilities, and offers significant capability to Australia’s Defence Force.Inzpire is a leading provider of operational training and mission systems for military customers in the UK and internationally. Approximately three quarters of its revenue comes from airborne training and evaluation services, primarily for the Royal Air Force. The balance of its revenue is from the sale of aviation mission system products ranging from standalone tablets to full mission support systems integrated with aircraft avionics.
Steve Wadey, QinetiQ CEO, said:
”Defence operational training represents an area of significant growth as customers around the world increasingly recognise the need to enhance their training capabilities cost effectively. The combination of Inzpire and QinetiQ’s capabilities, complemented by our previous acquisitions, creates a leading provider of critical defence training.“
Inzpire is one of the most trusted names in UK Defence. This trust that has been built on their rigorous customer focus, positive culture, their people’s extensive experience, and through their work not just for military customers in the UK, but for the European Defence Agency and customers in the Middle East.
Greg Barsby, QinetiQ Australia’s Managing Director, said:
"Inzpire is already embedded alongside customers on both F-35 and Typhoon platforms in the UK, which creates a leading position in mission data and advice for these aircraft around the world. I’m looking forward to utilising Inzpire’s capability, technology and expertise to positively impact the ADF’s current operational training and mission system capabilities.
The rapid introduction of new technology and new types of threats presents new challenges to Defence and industry personnel. By investing in Inzpire, QinetiQ is well positioned to significantly improve the warfighting capability and operational readiness of our Defence Force.”
With support from QinetiQ, Inzpire will expand its product and service offerings to a wider international audience, taking advantage of well established distribution channels around the world. The companies will work in partnership to exploit operational synergies spanning areas including Mission Data, Human Factors, Simulation, Test and Evaluation, Mission Systems and Flight Operations.
For further information, please contact: Sally Maconochie, Marketing and Communications Manager, +61 478 149 412; SDMaconochie@QinetiQ.com.au
QinetiQ to lead development of Hypersat’s next generation hyperspectral satellites, due for launch by Virgin Orbit in 2023
21 Apr 2021
Progressive investment sets new standard in Training, Test and Evaluation
19 Apr 2021
QinetiQ Group plc Trading Update
14 Apr 2021
ETPS’s comprehensive training options for Flight Test professionals
07 Apr 2021
UK MOD Front Line Commands set to benefit from new decision support capability that replaces former Niteworks service
06 Apr 2021