CECIL (Consolidated Edison Combined Inspection and Lancing) is a robotic steam generator maintenance system that provides secondary side maintenance.
The CECIL robot is remotely operated and can perform secondary side visual inspections, soft and hard sludge removal, sludge sampling, and both in-bundle and annulus foreign object search and retrieval (FOSAR). The key to CECIL’s success is its ability to access the entire in-bundle area of the tubesheet. In addition, CECIL reduces maintenance costs and increases efficiencies and personal safety.
CECIL systems are currently in service throughout the United States, Japan and France.
Features & Benefits
- Reduces maintenance cost
- Extends steam generator lift
- Limits forced outages
- Increases personnel safety
- Increases productivity
- Improves inspection capabilities
- Reduces radiation exposure
- Removes sludge without damaging tubes
- Identifies and removes foreign objects
- CECIL technology is licensed for use in Japan by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, France and other selected European countries by SRA/Electricite deFrance
- The CECIL robot is designed to inspect and clean Westinghouse Model 44, Model 51 steam generators, Mitsubishi models 44 and 51, Framatome 900MWeCPO and 1300MWe steam generators and CANDU steam generators
- Cleaning capabilities for the new Korean APR 1400 steam generators