In April 2023, the Australia Sector was established – a multi-country operating Sector which joins the ranks alongside the existing US, UK Defence, and UK Intelligence Sectors. QinetiQ Australia (including recently acquired Air Affairs), QinetiQ Target Systems (Ashford, UK & Alberta, Canada), and QinetiQ Germany all come together to form this new Sector. Our extensive range of services includes Advisory Services, Engineering Services, Threat Representation, Target Systems and Test & Evaluation.
QinetiQ provides Program and Asset Management Services across all Defence domains, delivering assurance and strategic advice in areas such as Defence structures, systems, acquisition and sustainment.
A key attribute of QinetiQ’s Program Management is efficient and effective program performance and governance. This ensures sound and defensible advice to senior executives and stakeholders, enabling the delivery of Program outcomes, whilst also identifying improvement initiatives.
Significant aspects of QinetiQ Program Management include:
- An ability to regularly assess program performance, including the foreshadowing, identification and mitigation of Program risks that would otherwise impact the achievement of Program outcomes;
- The establishment of artefacts to guide daily operations, delivery and monitoring of the program and all its parts;
- Strong relationship building with key stakeholders, underpinned by a partnering style ethos, which enables prompt resolution of issues;
- Objective program performance evaluation; and
- Sound and collaborative program management guidance and oversight.
In lockstep with Program Management, QinetiQ works to deliver Asset Management services across the Land, Maritime, Joint and Air domains. Streamlining acquisition, sustainment, engineering, operation, and management functions into a coherent business management system.
Sustaining assets requires dedicated focus on capability outcomes and cost-effectiveness. QinetiQ delivers contract life cycle development, offering comprehensive support from tender development and evaluation, to planning, transition, and execution. Leveraging our deep technical and logistical analysis techniques, our team develops and implements optimal operational flexibility and sustainability at an efficient cost.
Within the Land Domain, QinetiQ have a proven track record of success and working collaboratively with the Commonwealth as a trusted delivery partner. QinetiQ has a substantial history of service delivery covering:
- Fleet management;
- Configuration management;
- Asset management and integrated logistics support (ILS);
- Technical support services; and
- Project management support. Our expert consultants and technical staff possess an in-depth understanding and capability in areas such as fleet status, over multi-phased Programs. This has equipped the ADF with current-generation, high-capability field vehicles, modules, and trailers, forming an integrated and networked capability as part of overall Force Modernisation.
Contract title: Mine Warfare Maintenance Facility Support (Prime Contractor)
Customer: Royal Australian Navy (RAN)
The Mine Warfare Maintenance Facility (MWMF) located at HMAS WATERHEN is a key provider of maintenance services for Explosive Materiel Branch (EMB) and delivers Products that support the Raise, Train, and Sustain (RTS) aspects of Maritime Mine Warfare capability.
QinetiQ works as the Prime Contractor on site at HMAS Waterhen, as the sustainment and engineering partner managing the Stonefish Exercise Mine (SEM) Capability under the Mine Warfare Maintenance Facility contract.
In the role of Prime Contractor, QinetiQ provides:
- Deep-level repair;
- Obsolescence management;
- Trial support of the SEM capability;
- A broad range of mine warfare related project management support activities; and
- The introduction into service of inert mine shapes to support RAN training needs.
Contract title: LAND 8120 Engineering Services
Customer: CASG/Department of Defence via the Prime Contractor
QinetiQ has been tasked to provide systems engineering and T&E support for LAND 8120. Our systems engineering includes specialty engineering and V&V solutions. QinetiQ’s support to LAND 8120 comprises those activities necessary to deliver technical assurance in accordance with the processes detailed in the technical regulation of ADF Materiel Manual (TRAMM) as well as the introduction into service of the LAND 8120 fleet.
The Scope of deliverables include:
- Delivery of Engineering and V&V contract deliverable items;
- Manage detailed design activities where required; and
- Conduct Design reviews, Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Detailed Design Review (DDR).
Contract title: Land MSP
Customer: CASG/Department of Defence
QinetiQ has been providing sustainment services, including Sustainment Management Support, to the Land Domain for over 10 years.
We support Armoured Vehicle Division (AVD), Land Manoeuvre Systems Branch (LMSB), Land Vehicle Systems Branch (LVSB) and Land Engineering Agency (LEA).
Our highly-skilled staff provide support in the following domains:
- Project Management and project support;
- Commercial Management;
- Configuration Management; and
- Asset Management.