Our team of seasoned industry experts bring together best practices from across industry and defence along with cutting-edge technology to deliver leading assurance services to our customers.
Our Cyber Security Transformation and Fix Support Service engages with customers across a broad range of digital transformation programmes. We advise on the best approaches to security architecture, as well as providing hands-on expertise to help customers configure and extract value for money from security products and technologies.
This service provides guidance on security approaches and design principles. It is relevant to both those planning or entering transformation programmes and those who are within or completing programmes as a retrospective activity.
The key objective of the service is to understand the customer’s cyber risk profile, how it relates to the business and organisation and to ensure that digital systems are appropriately designed and delivered to mitigate the risks.
The service follows two key principles to personalise the service and deliver exceptional security value. They are:
Designing systems with cyber security as a key cornerstone and fundamental principle is a significant step towards achieving a high level of digital resilience. Our experts have years of experience in helping organisations build and deploy digital systems using well developed security architectures and approaches.
We work closely with transformation and technical teams to ensure at all stages digital resilience is considered and that appropriate security controls are effectively deployed. Our approach takes into account current thinking of industry leaders, such as the NCSC, follows industry standards such as NIST and SANS and is capable of integration with wider solution and enterprise architecture standards, such as TOGAF.
We recognise that organisations may have already invested in security technologies as part of their digital transformation, and that getting the most from this investment is important. Our team of highly trained and experienced security engineers can work with a wide range of security technologies to ensure that they are appropriately deployed and configured to address threats to the organisation.
We can support the initial deployment of these technologies, as well as retrospectively reviewing existing deployments, to help align configuration and policy to address relevant threats.
Key Features & Benefits
- Threat Mitigation –The service helps to ensure that digital systems are configured in a way that helps to minimise risk exposure across an organisation
- Maximise Investment –Help organisations extract value from previous investments in security technology and help show at board level the return on investment
- Security by Design –By working with transformation teams we help place security at the heart of our customers’ digital strategy and help implement this as a cornerstone of digital transformation activity
- Inform Investment –By supporting decision processes and helping inform security investment strategies, value for money is optimised against customer objectives
- Professional Advice –Access to a wide range of cyber security professionals in both the architecture and engineering domains to help guide and deliver resilient digital systems
- Intelligence-led –QinetiQ’s extensive exposure to a variety of targeted industries provides us with an excellent insight across the cyber threat landscape. Leveraging this breadth and depth of knowledge enables QinetiQ to employ defensive capabilities throughout the cyber kill-chain, helping to ensure digital systems are deployed and managed commensurate to the threat landscape.