Find out when noise or other Range activity may be noticed.
|2 & 3 December 2023||Nothing to report|
|4 December 2023||Gunfire and Explosions may be noticed|
|5 December 2023||Gunfire may be noticed|
|6 & 7 December 2023||Gunfire and Explosions may be noticed|
|8-10 December 2023||Nothing to report|
For regular updates to this information, follow us on X @SHB_Alerts
- Local Gunfire = Small Calibre Gunfire that is likely to be noticed only by communities close to MOD Shoeburyness.
- Gunfire = Large Calibre Gunfire that may be noticed by communities in the vicinity of the Thames Estuary.
- Explosions = Explosions that may be noticed by communities in the vicinity of the Thames Estuary.
- Smoke = Smoke generated may be more noticeable than usual in the vicinity of the Thames Estuary.
- May be noticed = Activities listed are those which, due to their nature, have the potential to be noticed off site. Weather conditions on the day heavily influence the outcome therefore we cannot confirm in advance that these activities will be noticed, where they will be noticed, and to what degree.
Please note: This schedule is subject to not only the daily acoustic forecast, but also to tide times, weather conditions and operational requirements. Any one, or a combination of these factors, may mean that the activity has to be cancelled and rescheduled at short notice and it may not always be possible to provide you with an updated schedule of work.
This information has been generated for the purposes of informing the public as to QinetiQ’s scheduled operations at the MOD Shoeburyness Range and it is acknowledged that the information may be included in other websites and publications. Please note that QinetiQ does not accept responsibility for or endorse any independent website or publication which features this information.