QinetiQ enhances capability in defence operational training and mission systems with strategic investment in Inzpire
QinetiQ Group plc (“QinetiQ” or “the Group”) announces that it has agreed to acquire 85% of the shares of Inzpire Group Limited (“Inzpire” or “the Company”), with an agreement to acquire the remaining 15% after two years, for a total consideration of £23.5 million.
Inzpire has a five-year track record of consistent revenue growth, and is expected to deliver £13.3m revenue and £2.0m of adjusted EBITDA in the financial year to 31 August 2018.
Inzpire is a leading provider of operational training and mission systems for military customers in the UK and internationally. Approximately three quarters of its revenue comes from airborne training and evaluation services, primarily for the Royal Air Force. The balance of its revenue is from the sale of aviation mission system products ranging from standalone tablets to full mission support systems integrated with aircraft avionics.
- Enhances QinetiQ’s capabilities in defence operational training
- With unparalleled domain expertise and strong relationships with UK Front Line Commands, Inzpire enhances QinetiQ's training capabilities and complements our recent acquisitions
- This capability aligns well to the UK demand for live and synthetic training
- Inzpire has a number of personnel embedded alongside customers on both F35 and Typhoon. The combination of QinetiQ and Inzpire creates a leading position in mission data and advice for these aircraft in international markets
- Complements QinetiQ’s mission systems expertise with portfolio of disruptive products
- Inzpire creates cost effective mission control systems that are disrupting a market traditionally dominated by large defence contractors
- In addition to access to capital for growth, this strategic investment provides Inzpire with access to QinetiQ’s missions systems capabilities to enhance and broaden its differentiated offerings
- Significant international potential
- Having built its credibility in the UK, Inzpire is growing internationally, working for the European Defence Agency and customers in the Middle East
- Inzpire will leverage QinetiQ’s international routes to market, including its Joint Ventures in the Middle East, to meet growing global demand
Steve Wadey, QinetiQ CEO, said:
“Over the past 13 years, Inzpire has become one of the most trusted names in UK defence. This trust is built on their rigorous customer focus, positive culture and their peoples’ extensive experience. Being deeply embedded with their customers, Inzpire provides training and services that are critical to maintaining and building defence capability.
“Our investment enhances our overall offer in defence operational training and mission systems, both in the UK and internationally. Defence operational training represents an area of significant growth as customers around the world increasingly recognise the need to enhance their training capabilities cost effectively. The combination of Inzpire and QinetiQ’s capabilities, complemented by our previous acquisitions, creates a leading provider of critical defence training.”
Hugh Griffiths, Inzpire CEO, said:
“We are delighted QinetiQ is becoming our new investor. This transaction will help us accelerate our progress in delivering a “revolution in defence” and our team are hugely excited about the opportunities this tie-up presents”
This announcement contains inside information and the person responsible for making this announcement is Jon Messent, Company Secretary.
There will be a call for QinetiQ analysts and investors at 0800 hours UK time on 22 October 2018
Dial in details: +44 (0) 20 3003 2666 Password: QinetiQ
A playback of the call will be available shortly afterwards by dialling +44 (0) 208 196 1998 and entering PIN number 2671013#
QinetiQ to lead development of Hypersat’s next generation hyperspectral satellites, due for launch by Virgin Orbit in 2023
21 Apr 2021
Progressive investment sets new standard in Training, Test and Evaluation
19 Apr 2021
QinetiQ Group plc Trading Update
14 Apr 2021
ETPS’s comprehensive training options for Flight Test professionals
07 Apr 2021
UK MOD Front Line Commands set to benefit from new decision support capability that replaces former Niteworks service
06 Apr 2021