QinetiQ wins £5.2m contract to support Chinook upgrade
As Boeing conducts a series of upgrades to the aircraft, QinetiQ will provide independent technical evaluation and advice to the MOD Chinook Project Team. QinetiQ will work with Boeing and specialist frontline units throughout ground and flight tests of the modified aircraft.
The MOD has a requirement to:
- Upgrade the RAF Chinook Mk3 by retrofitting the JULIUS Cockpit Display System/Mission Avionic System, and a Digital Automatic Flight Control System (DAFCS)
- Upgrade the RAF Chinook Mk4/4A by retrofitting a DAFCS
Gaz Borland, Managing Director for QinetiQ’s Air business, said: “This contract demonstrates the way in which we collaborate with the MOD and industry, combining knowledge to de-risk complex programmes and ensure they are delivered in a cost-effective way. The independent recommendations we make through our test and evaluation services enable crucial operational decisions to be made with confidence. Working with key industry suppliers such as Boeing to provide the best service to our customers is fundamental to the way that we work.”
QinetiQ’s work will be delivered through the Air Test & Evaluation Centre (ATEC) at MOD Boscombe Down. ATEC is a partnership between QinetiQ and the Air Warfare Centre (AWC), founded in 2001. It combines QinetiQ’s world class flight test and engineering capability and the AWC’s frontline expertise to provide the MoD with operationally-focused, independent test and evaluation for the next generation of military aircraft.
For information, visit the Air section of the website.
Notes for Editors:
- A FTSE250 company, QinetiQ uses its world class knowledge, research and innovation to provide high-end technical expertise and advice, to customers in the global aerospace, defence and security markets. QinetiQ's unique position enables it to be a trusted partner to government organisations, predominantly in the UK and the US, including defence departments as well as other international customers in targeted sectors.
- Follow us on twitter @QinetiQ
- Visit our blog www.QinetiQ/news-and-events.com
For further information, please contact
QinetiQ Press Office on Tel: +44 (0) 1252 39 3500
Gathering Surveillance and Reconnaissance Data Through Hyperspectral Imagery
13 Dec 2022
QinetiQ completes its acquisition of Air Affairs Australia
06 Dec 2022
QinetiQ, KBR and PA Consulting to work together on Programme to Deliver Transformative Next-Generation Collective Training to the British Army
28 Nov 2022
QinetiQ Signs Next-Phase Demonstrator Contract to Deliver Multi-Platform Innovative Synthetic Training Capability to the Royal Navy
24 Nov 2022
QinetiQ US Completes Acquisition of Avantus Federal
23 Nov 2022