Welcome to the Aurora Engineering Partnership – Engineering Delivery Partner for Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S).
What is the Engineering Delivery Partner (EDP)?
- EDP is the default route for procurement of engineering services for DE&S, and is available to other MOD departments and agencies.
How is EDP delivered?
- EDP is delivered through the Aurora Engineering Partnership formed of QinetiQ, Atkins and BMT, and supported by world class Provider Network of specialist providers.
How EDP will make a difference?
- EDP provides a strategic approach to the sourcing and provision of skills to meet current and projected demands, driving efficiencies and benefits, helping the MOD to reduce the costs of their engineering services while ensuring the UK’s Armed Forces receive the best equipment and support.
Our vision for EDP
- A strong and professional engineering partnership, enabling agile and efficient outcomes for front line equipment and support.
Our mission for EDP
- Provide leadership across the engineering enterprise in partnership, to drive increased performance and productivity across the full scale of engineering services, by focusing on outcomes for those on the front line.
Scope of services
The partnership will bring together the considerable cross-sector and non-defence experience and track records of the partners and a world class provider network of niche and specialist providers to provide the following services:
– Capability, Innovation, Technology Development & Assessment
– User Requirements Definition
– System Requirements Definition
– Test, Evaluation & Acceptance
– Independent Assurance, Evaluation & Advice
– Through-life Availability Management
– Through-life Capability Management
– Legislative & Regulatory Compliance: Certification, Safety, Security & Environmental
– Supplier Technical Assessment & Monitoring
– Engineering Support to Decisions
– Knowledge Management