Aircraft HIRF and Lightning Workshop
The QinetiQ Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Test & Evaluation (E3 T&E) Capability Group is a world-leading provider of consultancy and testing services to support aircraft manufacturers in gaining regulatory approvals for all aspects of Electromagnetic (EM) clearance.
The Aircraft High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) and Lightning Workshop (AHLW) is intended for anyone requiring a working knowledge of aircraft development and certification programmes. The workshop will address equipment level testing, full aircraft certification processes, HIRF test methods and Direct/Indirect Lightning Effects.
To ensure delegates receive the most comprehensive and complete content, we compliment our own in-house expertise with specialists from industry*, covering the areas below:
Cobham Technical Services – Lightning Indirect and Direct Effects testing and protection.
Prof. Nigel Carter (Consultant) – Commercial and Military standards and Routes to Compliance. Military Aircraft hardening/protection methods.
*QinetiQ reserves the right to change the industry specialists if required.
Next course: Tuesday 26 to Friday 29 September
Price per Delegate:
- Workshop price is £1,895 + VAT
- The workshop price includes full workshop notes, refreshments for each day and a course dinner to be held on the evening of 26 September 2017.
- All applications should be submitted by 29 August 2017
- Workshop confirmation shall be provided by QinetiQ no later than 5 September 2017
- Questions related to the workshop should be directed to:
Address: The Academy, QinetiQ Ltd, Cody Technology Park, Farnborough, Hants GU14 0LX, UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1252 392 211
The workshop provides a balance between classroom based interactive sessions and practical demonstrations, providing a rounded understanding of full aircraft test and certification processes and chamber based equipment level testing.
- Development of the Civil and Military EM environments
- Equipment criticality and its assessment for Civil aircraft
- Military Aircraft Release processes
- Equipment level EMC test techniques
- Overview of the Military and Commercial test standards
- Aircraft EM Certification techniques covering both low level and high level test methods
- Data processing methods for aircraft HIRF assessments
- Aircraft test demonstrations showing low level swept methods
- Assessment of Armaments, Systems and Weapons
- Introduction to Lightning Direct and Indirect effects covering protection and test methods
- Manufacturers view of EM hardening and protection Design – Past, Present and future
- Future challenges associated with performing HIRF testing of whole aircraft
- Maintenance and continued airworthiness
- Biological hazards of EM radiation and safe practices when working with RF