Data classification empowers user communities who create and handle data to assign value to it, in a language they understand, so that informed decisions can be taken about how it is managed, protected and shared.
These values are then stored as visual & metadata labels (protective markings) on messages and documents, and can range from as simple as ‘Confidential’ labels to complex national security driven data classifications.
Putting data classification at the heart of your business allows you to reduce the business risk of valued and sensitive information ending up in the wrong hands, while increasing efficiency, enhancing decision making and reducing archiving and other administrative costs throughout the organisation.
Classifier: Identify and Protect Your Most Valuable Information
The data classification solutions delivered by QinetiQ’s subsidiary Boldon James help organisations proactively manage and protect sensitive information, ensuring it goes to the right people in a safe, controlled and efficient way and can benefit organisations by:
- Increasing user and organisational awareness of the value & sensitivity of data
- Empowering users to take ownership & control of data
- Educating users on, and supports adherence to, corporate governance & data security policies
- Helping organisations comply with industry compliance & regulations
- Streamlining business processes – increasing operational efficiency & effectiveness
- Reducing cost of management, archiving & storage of data
- Preventing internal and external data leakage – reducing reputational & business risk
For more information, visit the Boldon James website.