Women in Defence Award for Sam Healy
The event, held at Plaisterers Hall in London, was the second annual Women in Defence Award dinner, and we’re delighted to report that our Group Corporate Responsibility Director, Dr Sam Healy, was announced the winner of the ‘Special Award’ category.
Women in Defence UK Awards promote the value of women in defence. It aims to encourage women to succeed authentically, share experience, build networks and encourage talent at all levels to join the defence sector.
Sam said: "I'm so proud to be recognised for my work on The 5% Club and grateful to all the people I’ve worked with to make it such a success. It’s really special to receive this award from Women in Defence; an important movement that exists to support and encourage gender diversity across defence. It was fantastic to see such endorsement given to Women in Defence from both the MOD and industry."
Fiona Lewinton, our Group Director Transformation, who also attended the award ceremony as one of the shortlist judges, said: "It was a really inspirational evening to be surrounded by women who had delivered some extraordinary achievements, and I offer Sam my heartfelt congratulations!"
The complete list of award winners is as follows:
- Inspirational Award and Woman of the Year – Squadron Leader Alison McLean, Royal Air Force
- Emerging Talent Award –Surgeon Lieutenant Commander Philippa Bennett, Royal Navy
- Inclusive Teamwork Award – 17 Port and Maritime Regiment RLC, Army
- Most Collaborative Award – Lance Corporal Sheona Macmillan (Army) and Flight Lieutenant Shona Blainey (Royal Air Force)
- Outstanding Contribution Award – Rachel Fricker , MOD Civil Service, Navy Command
- Promotion of Gender Balance Award – Jenni Henderson, Dstl
- Special Award – Doctor Sam Healy, QinetiQ
- STEM in Defence Award – Wing Commander Glynis Dean, Royal Air Force
Well done, Sam!
Are you helping threat actors to compromise your organisation?
05 May 2022
Space tech – how microalgae can help us clean the air
03 May 2022
World Day for Safety and Health at Work
28 Apr 2022
World IP Day 2022: Artificial Intelligence
26 Apr 2022
World IP Day 2022 - IP and Youth: Innovating for a Better Future
25 Apr 2022