Women in Defence Award for Sam Healy
On Wednesday 1 November, senior people from across industry and the Ministry of Defence (MOD) gathered together to celebrate women in defence.
The event, held at Plaisterers Hall in London, was the second annual Women in Defence Award dinner, and we’re delighted to report that our Group Corporate Responsibility Director, Dr Sam Healy, was announced the winner of the ‘Special Award’ category.
Women in Defence UK Awards promote the value of women in defence. It aims to encourage women to succeed authentically, share experience, build networks and encourage talent at all levels to join the defence sector.
Sam said: "I'm so proud to be recognised for my work on The 5% Club and grateful to all the people I’ve worked with to make it such a success. It’s really special to receive this award from Women in Defence; an important movement that exists to support and encourage gender diversity across defence. It was fantastic to see such endorsement given to Women in Defence from both the MOD and industry."
Fiona Lewinton, our Group Director Transformation, who also attended the award ceremony as one of the shortlist judges, said: "It was a really inspirational evening to be surrounded by women who had delivered some extraordinary achievements, and I offer Sam my heartfelt congratulations!"
The complete list of award winners is as follows:
- Inspirational Award and Woman of the Year – Squadron Leader Alison McLean, Royal Air Force
- Emerging Talent Award –Surgeon Lieutenant Commander Philippa Bennett, Royal Navy
- Inclusive Teamwork Award – 17 Port and Maritime Regiment RLC, Army
- Most Collaborative Award – Lance Corporal Sheona Macmillan (Army) and Flight Lieutenant Shona Blainey (Royal Air Force)
- Outstanding Contribution Award – Rachel Fricker , MOD Civil Service, Navy Command
- Promotion of Gender Balance Award – Jenni Henderson, Dstl
- Special Award – Doctor Sam Healy, QinetiQ
- STEM in Defence Award – Wing Commander Glynis Dean, Royal Air Force
Well done, Sam!
Delivering value through unprecedented times; delivery by SMEs through COVID-19
28 Jun 2021
Armed Forces Day 2021
26 Jun 2021
International Women in Engineering Day
23 Jun 2021
You Are Included
21 Jun 2021
Q&A: Roger McKinlay, Challenge Director - Quantum Technologies at UK Research & Innovation
18 Jun 2021