We use cookies to ensure our website operates correctly and to monitor visits to our site. This helps us to improve the way our website works, ensuring that users easily find what they are looking for. To allow us to keep doing this, click 'Accept All Cookies'. Alternatively, you can personalise your cookie settings.

Accept All Cookies Personalise settings


Withdrawal of cheque dividend payments

From February 2023, payments to shareholders are longer made by cheque. To continue to receive QinetiQ Group plc dividends and any other money payable to you in connection with your QinetiQ Group plc shares, you must take action and provide your bank or building society account details so that payments can be made directly to your nominated account.

Full details on how to arrange direct dividend payments are on the Equiniti Shareview website, or you can do this via your Shareview Portfolio.

If you do not provide your bank or building society account details, your dividend payments will be retained until your bank details are received, after which payment will be credited to your account as soon as possible. Your dividends will not accrue interest while they are being held for you and there may be a fee for Equiniti to reissue payments.

Can I receive my shareholder documents electronically?

Yes, logon to Shareview and register your preference. You will then be notified when we mail out documents to shareholders and be directed to where you can pick up the documents electronically.

When was the last dividend paid?

You can log onto Shareview where you will be able to check your details, including your shareholding, dividend payments and various transactions. The service is secure, free and easy to use. You will need your shareholder reference number to access this service: this can be found on your share certificate or from a dividend tax counterfoil. You will be asked to select your own PIN and a user ID will be posted to you.

How do I buy and sell QinetiQ plc shares?

You can do this through a stockbroker or your bank. The Company's UK Registrars, Equiniti, offer a postal dealing facility for buying and selling QinetiQ plc ordinary shares. They also offer a telephone and internet dealing service, Shareview, which provides a simple and convenient way of selling QinetiQ plc shares. For telephone sales call 03456 037 037 between 8.00am and 4.30pm GMT, Monday to Friday, and for internet sales log on to Shareview for UK shareholders.

How do I change my home address on my share certificate?

Please contact Equiniti to ask for the relevant change of address form.

How do I contact QinetiQ's registrar?

Please see Investor Contacts.

How do I transfer my shares?

At some point you may wish to transfer some or all of your shares to someone else (for example your partner or a member of your family). To do this you will need to complete a Stock Transfer Form. This form should be fully completed and returned with your share certificate representing at least the number of shares being transferred. Equiniti will then process the transfer and issue a balance share certificate to you if applicable. Equiniti will be able to help you with any questions you may have about completing the form.

My partner, or relative, has passed away. What should I do about their shareholding?

Please contact Equiniti. They will assist you with the documentation required and be able to make the process as straightforward as possible for you.

My share certificate has been lost or stolen. What should I do?

If you lose your share certificate, or it has been stolen, you should inform Equiniti immediately. A record of the missing share certificate will be made to prevent it being used and a letter of indemnity will be sent to you to sign. In signing this indemnity, you are confirming that if the missing share certificate subsequently comes to light, you will return it to the relevant registrar to be cancelled. This is to protect QinetiQ from possible misuse of your certificate while it is not in your possession. A replacement certificate will then be sent to you. There is a charge for this service, so we advise you to keep your share certificates in a safe and secure place.

What changes have been made to dividend tax vouchers?

Starting from the September 2012 dividend payment, the Company introduced Consolidated Tax Vouchers (CTVs). A CTV is a single tax voucher which details all dividends paid for the year. Under this process, a shareholder’s dividend is paid direct to their bank account each time a dividend is paid and once a year (towards the end of the tax year) they receive a tax voucher detailing all dividends paid for that year. Shareholders who have dividends paid direct into a bank or building society account will automatically receive a Consolidated Tax Voucher. Shareholders who would prefer to continue receiving tax vouchers with each dividend payment can write to Equiniti to request this.

What should I do if I get married or change my name?

You should notify Equiniti in writing of any change to your name, providing documentary evidence, such as a copy of your marriage certificate or change of name by deed poll and enclose your share certificate for amendment.

If you need un-cashed dividend cheques to be reissued in your new name, please also include them in your envelope.

When is the next dividend paid?

QinetiQ normally pays dividends twice a year, usually in February and September. Please refer to the financial calendar section of our website for the latest dividend information.

My question is not answered here. Where can I find further information?

Please contact Equiniti who are QinetiQ's registrars. They also provide a more comprehensive list of frequently asked questions.