Paramarine is a fully integrated Naval Architecture tool, where all design and analysis work takes place within one common graphical user interface, eliminating the need for data exports to other packages.
Multiple analytical tools are integrated within one software package, and include:
- Concept design
- Stability assessment, both damaged and intact
- Manoeuvring performance
- Powering and endurance
- Structural analysis
- Radar cross-section
- Value for money naval architecture application for initial vessel design, which can be expanded with modules to meet your needs
- Quicker design reviews – the 3D geometry allows the user to easily visualise their design and compartment definition
- Reduced design time through rapid generation of complex hull forms and compartment subdivision
- Intuitive GUI is extremely flexible and powerful, facilitating training and integration into the design office
Visit our Maritime Platform Design website.
Maritime Life Support
To ensure that divers can rely on their equipment in all conditions, its safety and performance needs to be assessed and assured. We research, test and evaluate diving and life support systems and equipment for organisations including the UK Ministry of Defence, UK Royal Navy, NATO and commercial diving companies using our unique facilities and specialist equipment.
We also investigate incidents, test diver performance and advise on how to optimise it, provide guidance on safety and offer medical support services.
Our hyperbaric trials unit (HTU) is used to test and evaluate escape systems and components to 150 bar. The HTU has a unique capability to recreate the actual pressure conditions of escape from a submerged submarine, independent of the performance of the components under test. This capability is essential for the evaluation of submarine escape equipment against any defined test standards.
- SMERAS systems design, integration, testing and assurance
- Optimised and cost-effective advice, support and assurance
- A deep understanding of submarines and associated safety issues
- World-leading expertise delivered by highly qualified professionals
Unique selling points
QinetiQ’s SMERAS Support Services have helped submarine fleets around the world, including the UK Royal Navy, and the Italian, Dutch, Norwegian and Canadian navies. As a long-established research, test and evaluation partner for the UK Royal Navy, we conduct leading research into physiological effects in the SMERAS environment. This includes:
- Concept design and development
- Tower escape systems
- Surface abandonment
- DISSUB survival support
- Submersible rescue
- Audit assessment
- Submarine atmosphere control and monitoring
Additionally, we have a rapid response team of Submarine Escape Training Tank (SETT) qualified personnel ready to conduct at-sea trials at any time.
With over 30 years’ experience we are established leaders in the modelling and assessment of enclosed atmospheres and hold UKAS accreditation for our breathing gas and carbon dioxide absorbent analysis capability. We understand the importance of assuring people’s safety when operating in challenging enclosed environments such as submarines and submersibles, armoured fighting vehicles, aircraft and spacecraft.
We provide independent advice and guidance on atmosphere control equipment, test and evaluation of air quality to demonstrate compliance and/or identify issues, prepare and manage air quality field trials, design and support air quality equipment and systems and deliver contaminant removal services.