Mirage™ is a thin-film, self-adhesive material used to mark the tops of emergency services vehicles, allowing them to be identified by Air Support Units equipped with thermal imagers.
Use of Mirage™ allows Air Support Units to unambiguously distinguish police vehicles from the vehicles they are chasing, even at night. It also allows them to identify specific vehicles by numbers so they can refer to call signs from the air and direct operations on the ground.
- 24/7 all-weather operation
- Highly visible with both medium and long wave thermal infrared imagers
- Improved operational tempo and effectiveness
- Improved situational awareness
- Fewer resources required to successfully prosecute the operation
- Compatible with conventional roof marking materials and application techniques
- No power or vehicle modifications required