Banshee Jet 40 fulfills both of these requirements as it has a top speed in excess of 135metres/second and when fitted with the patented Hot Nose provides a forward and side looking IR source with output in bands I, II and III. A realistic IR signature to the rear of the target is provided by the rear-mounted jet engine, which produces 40kg of static thrust.
All other well proven augmentation devices traditionally available to Banshee can be fitted to this jet engine derivative.
The Banshee range of aerial targets are typically used by customers to represent threats posed by UAVs, enemy aircraft, and general aerial threat weapons. Variants of Banshee have been used by customers to test the effectiveness and operational readiness of weapon systems, including:
- Air-to-Air Missiles
- Ground/MANPAD/Surface-to-Air Missiles
- Guns/Cannon Systems
- Suitable for use on land and sea
- Suitable for use against surface-to-air and air-to-air weapon systems
- Target performance and enhancement easily varied by plug-in modules
- Target airframe and enhancements proven worldwide with many thousands of hours of in-service operation