International Pilots' Day - April 26th 2023
- What are you most proud of in your career?
Leading the first deployment of the EC725 in operation.
- What are your words of advice to any aspirational pilot?
Go for it.
- How long did it take to become a qualified pilot?
- What skills and qualities are important in becoming a pilot?
Strong coordination and organisational skills.
- What qualifications did you need to become a pilot?
The French “bac” (A levels) was the minimum qualification required to become a pilot. I had just finished a Physics degree when I went through the selection process.
- Is there a moment of high pressure/stress you can remember from your time as a pilot? If so, what was it?
Yes. Dust landing at night with a 3-axis autopilot was quite challenging.
- Has the industry changed much during your career? If so, have you had to adapt?
Helicopters are more complex than when I started my career (automation, NVG, observation and piloting FLIR, defensive aid suite, moving map and mission kit). I’ve had to learn many new things, meaning I have had to adapt significantly.
- What makes ETPS a special place to learn?
The instructor’s experience, the ETPS Rotary Wing fleet, the access to military aircraft and the recent modernisation of the course makes ETPS a very special place to attend a flight test course.
04 May 2023
How Test & Evaluation is carried out in other sectors: by QinetiQ & SIA Partners
03 May 2023
Early Careers Leadership event
02 May 2023
World IP Day 2023: Women and Intellectual Property
26 Apr 2023
24 Apr 2023