E-X-Drive®As part of an electric tracked vehicle propulsion system, E-X-Drive® offers a lighter, more compact and efficient solution compared with conventional mechanical transmission systems. E-X-Drive® combines electrical and mechanical components in a novel configuration that is efficiently packaged, incorporates mechanical regenerative transfer of steering power, range-shift mechanisms, and permanent magnet motor technology. E-X-Drive® is a demonstrated and low risk solution, with low stress levels in the motors, gears, shafts and bearing components.
Using E-X-Drive® as part of an electric propulsion system offers the opportunity for innovative tracked vehicle configurations founded on a fundamental shift in platform design trade space options. Not only is an E-X-Drive®-based transmission package smaller and lighter than comparable conventional transmissions it also lends itself to novel vehicle layouts to improve survivability, agility, and mission success.
Key performance advantages
- Increased automotive performance and mobility
- Full torque from standstill
- High burst acceleration with Improved fuel efficiency
- Engine downsizing and speed optimisation
- Energy storage to allow load-levelling, regenerative braking, and silent watch capability
- Flexibility in powertrain layout – whether a decentralised system or a consolidated power pack