The 5% Club
Investing in a generation
The 5% Club is targeted at employers who want to re-balance the economy and build Britain’s long-term prosperity. By encouraging employers to offer great ‘earn and learn’ opportunities for young people, we see this as a key step in developing the future skills, knowledge and experience needed across the UK.
The 5% Club is focused on creating momentum behind the recruitment of apprentices and graduates into the UK workforce. Its members consist of employers in the UK who want to make a difference. Inspiring the next generation is not enough – we must invest in it.
The Club launched on 2013 with six founding Member Companies
Each member company signs The 5% Club charter and pledges to be:
- Committed to helping the country's growth agenda and acknowledge the importance of developing our people as both a business and social imperative
- Playing our part in addressing youth unemployment and skills shortage
- Committed to a public declaration of our aspiration for 5% of our workforce to consist of apprentices and graduates on formalised schemes by the end of a five-year period
- Measuring and reporting on our progress annually against that metric in our Corporate Social Responsibility section of the Annual Report and Accounts or equivalent document
- Committed to encouraging other businesses to participate in the campaign