QinetiQ Australia enhances service offering with acquisition of RubiKon Group
Steve Wadey, QinetiQ CEO, said: “Over the last year we have set out our strategy for growth underpinned by investment including bolt-on acquisitions where there is a strong strategic fit. This acquisition supports the delivery of our strategic priority to drive growth of our core capabilities in international markets. RubiKon’s integrated logistics support services are complementary to the technical engineering advice and services provided by QinetiQ, and will enable us to offer independent whole programme solutions to customers in the growing Australian and Asia Pacific markets.”
Combined with QinetiQ Australia’s existing business relationships, the acquisition of RubiKon Group ensures that QinetiQ Australia is uniquely placed to provide its customers with a more comprehensive service offering to meet both existing and future demand.
Greg Barsby, QinetiQ Australia MD, said: “To realise our vision to be the chosen partner for our customers we need to continue to evolve as the market evolves. The world around us is changing at a rapid pace and customers are looking for tailored, whole-of-project solutions that offer better value for money.”
“This acquisition strengthens our position in the market enabling us to take on broader programmes of work for our customers and enhances the technical expertise, deep domain knowledge and rigorous thinking we are known for. I am delighted to welcome the Rubikon team to QinetiQ Australia.”
RubiKon Group, Managing Director, Chris Otley-Doe said: “I see this as an exciting and natural fit for the RubiKon team. It will enhance their opportunities and career progression at the same exposing them to more diverse products and campaigns. Moreover, this acquisition will add to QinetiQ a powerful integrated logistics support component, enabling an end-to-end offering to clients both here in Australia and the Asia-Pacific Region.”
Notes for Editors:
- Listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE: QQ.L), QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and aerospace markets. Our customers are predominantly government organisations including defence departments, as well as international customers in other targeted sectors.
- As part of the QinetiQ company, QinetiQ Australia has 350 specialist staff located across Australia who use their know-how to deliver trusted and independent value solutions to Australian defence and government organisations across air, land, sea and information domains as well as the rail and mining industries.
- Follow us on twitter @QinetiQAU
- RubiKon Group is an Australian business delivering professional Integrated Logistics Support and Project services to a range of Defence, aerospace, mining and government clients.
- Originally formed in 2009 by the principals and senior staff from a number of complementary businesses in logistics, supply chain management and procurement, RubiKon focuses on identifying and implementing innovative solutions to deliver more robust and efficient business performance.
- For more information visit: www.QinetiQ.com
For further information please contact
QinetiQ Press Office on Tel:+44 (0) 1252 39 3500
QinetiQ Australia to acquire Air Affairs Australia
04 Oct 2022
Delivering on our strategic ambition: Acquisition of Air Affairs and disposal of Space NV
03 Oct 2022
Her Majesty The Queen
08 Sep 2022
Recognition for innovative career development and benefits offering
31 Aug 2022
QinetiQ US Jeff Green as Vice President, Operations
31 Aug 2022