We're at the forefront of Unmanned Air Systems development, delivering new technologies and services into complex environments with our customers worldwide.
Our work is through-life and increasingly pan-domain, from concept research, to product development, and on to managed service provision. We also provide the environments and people to test those solutions comprehensively, with access to a variety of aviation facilities including 7,100km2 dedicated airspace over land and water.
Our focus is on achieving assured command and control of autonomy. From manned-unmanned teaming through to adaptable and adaptive systems, we are exploring and developing solutions that deliver real operational benefit.
We tailor our UAS expertise to meet your needs, with managed services that improve surveillance and information capabilities to assure safe and reliable operation. We do this by:
- Developing a deep understanding of your requirements
- Building the most cost-effective and safe solution, which can evolve to suit your needs
- Selecting and providing first-rate equipment and expert teams
- Integrating the UAS service into your environment to get flying quickly
- Working with you to ensure you get the best out of the information provided by the service
- Providing a safe, cost-effective and sustainable capability whilst managing your risks
As well as helping you choose the right unmanned system, we support existing or planned activities – handling everything from site survey to operation and maintenance, as well as training on system management, imagery and use of information.
UAS Capability Development Centre
The UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) needs to be sure new unmanned air assets will be managed effectively, operate with legacy systems, and be deployable where needed; we have people that understand operational airspace and can help to embed unmanned systems within the UK military capability.
On behalf of the UK MOD, we host the Unmanned Air Systems Capability Development Centre (UASCDC), where we combine our in-depth understanding of aviation, unmanned air vehicles and safety with that of suppliers large and small to bring these new capabilities to life.
- Information and knowledge management
- Requirements definition
- Access to focused advice and support
- Corporate memory for Ministry of Defence Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Resourced facilities across UK plc
- Testing, evaluation and trials expertise
QinetiQ leads next phase of unmanned systems exploitation
28 Apr 2020
TITAN technology at the Army Warfighting Experiment 2018
12 Dec 2018
Going the last mile for autonomous resupply
19 Jul 2018
Unmanned Warrior 2016 success in numbers
18 Dec 2016