Welcome to the Aurora Engineering Partnership – Engineering Delivery Partner for Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S).
What is the Engineering Delivery Partnership (EDP)?
- EDP is the default route for the procurement of engineering services for DE&S, and is available to other MOD departments and agencies.
How is EDP delivered?
- EDP is delivered through the Aurora Engineering Partnership – a unique partnership between QinetiQ, AtkinsRéalis and BMT that is supported with a world-class network of specialist providers.
How EDP will make a difference?
- The EDP programme provides a strategic approach to the sourcing and provision of skills to meet the current and projected demands of the MOD. Driving both efficiency gains and operational benefits through innovation and collaboration, EDP is helping to reduce the costs of engineering services while delivering the best equipment and support service for UK Armed Forces.
Our vision for EDP
- To deliver a strong, progressive and professional engineering partnership that leads by example in maximising agile and efficient outcomes for front line equipment and support.
Our mission for EDP
- To provide leadership across the engineering enterprise and, through effective partnership and a clear focus on outcomes, to drive increased performance and productivity across the full range of engineering services.
Scope of services
The Aurora Engineering Partnership brings together proven defence sector experience and pulls on a broader technological, engineering and safety expertise from a world class network of niche and specialist providers to deliver:
- Capability, Innovation, Technology Development & Assessment
- Clear definition of user requirements
- Clear definition of system requirements
- Test, Evaluation & Acceptance
- Independent Assurance, Evaluation & Advice
- Through-life Availability Management
- Through-life Capability Management
- Legislative & Regulatory Compliance: Certification, Safety, Security & Environmental
- Supplier Technical Assessment & Monitoring
- Engineering Support to Decisions
- Knowledge Management